Sunday, February 11, 2007

Like Running for Chocolate...

Busy weekend. Zach and I started out pouring beer at our local Micro Brew Festival. Pretty fun; however, the next night was better since we got to taste some beers. One of my favorites was the 100 Meter Ale (Eugene City Brewery), and the Dry Irish Stout Collaboration Brew (Ninkasi Brewing Co.). People's Choice winners: 1st: Calapooia Brewing Co. Albany, OR (Chili Pepper IPA) 2nd: Ninkasi Brewing Co., Eugene, OR (I forget which of their beers won) and 3rd: Wakonda Brewing Co., Florence, OR (Beachcomber's Ale).

Today....I ran in the Truffle Shuffle (2 and 4 mile Run/Walk). It is a good
fundraiser AND it comes with a dark chocolate Truffle at the end. I ate mine much later, after MUCH stretching. My training consisted of signing up Friday afternoon and drinking beer Saturday.

My
niece's husband, Dave, inspired me to torture myself, I mean run. He recently completed two half-marathons! I would love to be able to do that. My god, that is 13 miles!! I chose the 2 mile version today and ended up finishing at 28 and something minutes. My first mile was 11 minutes and then my right leg went kinda numb (I think it was the 100 Meter Ale's fault), so I had to walk for a while. Next time, I will be better prepared.

House Progress: Zach is still plugging away at the "calculations" to verify that the house won't blow down, fall over, or lift off in the event of heavy winds/snow loads/etc. (my understanding)...

5 comments:

Jenn. said...

He inspires me too :) But I'm really impressed that you ran! I can only briksly walk in these events or I'll end up with bruises on my chin! You go girl!

"davfid" said...

It is nice to hear that I can inspire torture. Next time save the beer drinking for after the run, that is what motivates me.

Judy said...

Too funny Jenn! Thank you, thank you. I'll take your advice, Dave.

Anonymous said...

Judy! My laptop is dying but I want to tell you that I cried a little when I read that you poured at the beerfestival. Im really so proud of you. Im sure the whole family is. What a milestone! Oh and that running thing- thats good too. LOL

Judy said...

hehe. a milestone eh? woohoo. You gals will have to join me at the brewfest next year.