Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Fancy Shmancy or Durable Classic Wood Stove



Woodstoves come in all shapes and sizes. We have been looking at few types. Basically there is the standard black stove (that heats very well) and it runs for $800-$1400 and will go with everything and be in style for a long time. Or there is the cast iron type available in a few colors (brown, black, blue, red i guess-this is the first red one i've seen-, mahogany, and white). It looks a little smaller than the standard black models, but it looks pretty cool. It runs $2600-$3200. The cast iron one has a front, side, and top loading door. I just don't know how efficient they are. The extra large cast iron model can heat up to 2400 square feet. The equivalent black woodstove made by a company like Quadra Fire can heat up to 2800 square feet. I keep changing my mind. Zach votes for the black classic model. I like that type too, but I also like the look of the cast iron one....Hmmm. Any ideas, or comments?




3 comments:

sylroselstuff said...

Everybody does black - not exciting enough. Brilliant colors would be my choice.

Anonymous said...

I like the cast iron - it's more decorative. I'm too chicken to go with the red, but I like how it looks.

Judy said...

Thank you for your comments! It's a tough one.