Sunday, January 14, 2007

To Build or Not to Build

We have been thinking about building for about 2 years now. We both love the place we currently live (building site) although it is adorned with a late 70's vintage single-wide right now. Although I love the single-wide living; I yearn for something with warmth, insullation, thick walls, nice decor, and with nature close by (not in the walls).

Zach and I have been talking about the next step for years... Buy a house, move, stay... buy, move, stay...build? (that sounded fun) and we were off. When I get an idea I just have to go with it. I bought the book, Building Your Own Home for Dummies which is an amazing resource and have been collecting ideas ever since.

I'll update this site with photos and postings as often as I can. So join us in our journey. Here goes....! (You know this house thing really has to happen when you've created your own site).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Judy~

Welcome to the blog world~ (^^)
I am the first one to sign, yea!~

Good luck with your building project,
the best of luck~

Yen (^_^)v

Judy said...

Thank you Yen! My first comment, how exciting....

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.